Get ready for the slow cooker to amaze you on how yummy a lasagna can taste! I made this simpler by finding a way to skip boiling the noodles. Get ready to come home from a long day at work to this hot cheesy, saucy dinner.
Just the name “Slow Cooker Pesto Lasagna” translates (in my world) to easy, delicious and quick after a long day. This is homemade cheesy goodness with almost no work. Just dump the ingredients in layers and press a button. I can’t wait for you to try this because it a delicious oven-less lasagna. When I was a kid we would have one night were we had the cheesiest dinner we could find. This recipe brings back those fun memories. I love sitting by the TV with Tom and our frenchie Charlie and chow down on this pasta smiling dinner.
Slow Cooker Technique Tip:
- If you must open the slow cooker (but please try not to), add 15 minutes to the cooking time. It takes about that length time to reheat and re-add the steam that escaped.
- Prepare the dish the night before. Right before work turn on the slow cooker and come home to dinner already ready for you!
- Make life easy and buy your favorite jarred sauce. I love Rao’s! It is a NYC institution and taste most like homemade.
YOUR DASH OF GRATITUDE:
Slow Cooker Pesto Lasagna
- 1 box uncooked lasagana noodles broken into big pieces
- 2 jars favorite tomato sauce
- 1 cup pesto store bought or recipe below
- 16 oz ricotta chesse
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray to spray slow cooker
- First, liberally spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Next, mix the pesto and ricotta cheese until well combined.
- Now pour the tomato sauce to cover the bottom of the slow cooker (approximately 1/2 cup).
- Next, top with enough broken lasagna noodles to cover the sauce.
- Add 1/3 of the pesto and ricotta cheese mixture onto the noodles. There is no need to spread the mixture out with a spatula; it will do this naturally while it cooks.
- Now add a handful of mozzarella and 1/4 of Parmesan cheese on top.
- Repeat the above process 3 more times (tomato sauce, noodles, pesto and ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese).
- Now put the lid on. Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours.
- When done, let it sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes so the lasagna holds together when served.
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay