Roasted Chili Butternut Squash
A butternut squash recipe that is a "drop and heat" recipe. What makes this recipe special is the flavoring and the surprise secret ingredient at the end.
- 1 butternut squash peeled and chopped small (pre-cut 1 lb)
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp salt (big pinches)
- 1 tsp pepper (big pinch)
- 2 jalapeños with seeds cut into large chunks (to avoid burning)
- 1 tsp chili seasoning
- 1 lime (use only the zest)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
On a baking sheet, add squash, jalapeños, salt, chili seasoning and swirl in olive oil; mix and arrange squash so it’s spread out.
Bake 50 minutes (no need to mix or shake the pan); once done and while it’s hot add the lime zest.
Fool Proof Tips to Successful Stress Free Roasting
- Veggies cut smaller roast fast and get more crisp.
- Preheat oven at least 30 min in advance so it’s super hot.
- Don’t open the oven to check! You’ll let heat out and it’s be less crispy.
- MOST IMPORTANT – don’t crowd the pan. If there are too many veggies on the sheet pan it’ll steam and get mushy.