Corn Beef and Cabbage Pasta
This corn beef and cabbage pasta dish is salty and briny from the crispy corned beef, sweet from the cabbage, and buttery and cheesy from the sauce. It's even better the next day as leftovers.
- 1 head of savoy cabbage chopped in chunks (any alternative type cabbage is good too
- 1/2 lb deli cut corn beef cut think and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red or white onion chopped
- 18 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 pound fussili pasta cooked or ziti
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Heat a pot on medium heat and add 2 tbs of butter and 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil.
Next add onions and season with salt and pepper. Let the onions cook (stir occasionally) for a minute.
Now add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. (only cook garlic a short period of time because garlic burns fast)
Add the cabbage and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute, stir occasionally (till the cabbage wilts a little).
Now add the corn beef and mix with rest of ingredients. (heat for 30 seconds)
Turn the heat off and add in the Parmesan cheese and dill.
Cheers to pasta fun!