This corn beef and cabbage pasta dish is salty and briny from the crispy corned beef, sweet from the cabbage, and buttery and cheesy from the sauce. It’s even better the next day as leftovers. I love writing recipes that help my fellow home cooks explore their creative side but without the stress. Here’s a simple and fun 15-minute corned beef and cabbage pasta recipe.
Here are the short cuts that make this recipe so simple and quick:
- Technique Tip: Make sure to season with salt and pepper every time you add a new vegetable to the pot. In this recipe, we salt and pepper the onions, and then salt and pepper again when the cabbage goes in. This is how restaurants make their dishes taste so good: each batch of ingredients is seasoned, so that every bite will make you go “wow.”
- What a pinch of seasoning equals to in measurements: A pinch of salt or seasoning is approximately a teaspoon. Chefs, after seasoning, (unless raw chicken, meat, or fish) often taste to make sure that the flavor is to their liking. I, as a home cook, taste my dishes as well, but I’m doing all the tasting for you so you don’t have to worry about it.
YOUR DASH OF GRATITUDE:
Corn Beef and Cabbage Pasta
- 1 head of savoy cabbage chopped in chunks (any alternative type cabbage is good too
- 1/2 lb deli cut corn beef cut think and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red or white onion chopped
- 18 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 pound fussili pasta cooked or ziti
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a pot on medium heat and add 2 tbs of butter and 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil.
- Next add onions and season with salt and pepper. Let the onions cook (stir occasionally) for a minute.
- Now add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. (only cook garlic a short period of time because garlic burns fast)
- Add the cabbage and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute, stir occasionally (till the cabbage wilts a little).
- Now add the corn beef and mix with rest of ingredients. (heat for 30 seconds)
- Turn the heat off and add in the Parmesan cheese and dill.
- Cheers to pasta fun!
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay