Sweet caramelized onions dancing with dollops of tangy creamy brie on a French onion soup pizza.
Here Are The Cheeses French Cheese Board Gave Me:
- Brie: Creamy rich tangy cheese that adds a hint of buttery cheesy yum to the pizza.
- Beaufort: This is a cousin to Gruyere. Its nutty easy to grate and fabulous melting cheese.
- Emmental: Very much like a Swiss cheese. Mild, easy to grate, with slight tangy smooth taste.
Dash Of Gratitude Tip While You Cook:
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Pizza Dough: Support local pizza shops and get dough from them. They will definitely sell it to you and it makes cooking so much easier.
- Grate Your Own Cheese: Pre-grated cheese has chemicals to keep its shredded shape. This prevents it from melting well. Also tastes fresher. Freeze the cheese for 30 minutes and it grated easy.
- Gratitude While Stirring: Use the kitchen as a place for self care. As you stir or chop say what you are grateful for. I do this all the time so that cooking can be a time to recharge.
How To Make French Onion Soup Pizza:
French Onion Soup Pizza
Caramelized Onions Ingredients:
- 3 onions (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pizza dough (raw)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 pound brie cheese
- 1 cup Beaufort (or Gruyere cheese) grated
- 1 cup Emmental (or swiss cheese) grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- First, place all the carmailzed onion ingredients (except salt and vinegar) in a pan and cook slowly on medium low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Next, after 30 minutes add salt, vinegar and mix with onions. The vinegar will help scrape up the bits on bottom of the pan. Set aside
- First, preheat the oven to 500 degrees and leave the pizza dough out on a surface with oilve oil (to prevent sticking) for 30 minutes.
- Next, roll out dough by pushing with fingers from center out. Then let gravity strech it more by holding up and turning.
- Now, place the pizza dough on an oiled cast iron pan and push out to cover the pan.
- Next, smear mustard all over the dough.
- Now, add the carmalized onions and top with dollops of brie, and then lots of cheese.
- Next, sprinkle fresh thyme and pepper ontop and put in middle rack for 10 minutes.
- Finally, enjoy!
Other Easy Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!