Homemade soda not only less sugar but it tastes so much better!
There are so many reason why I love making my own soda! First, the healthier things you drink the more likely you are to eat healthier. Also, you know exactly what is going into your drinks when you make it yourself. Finally, making soda at home can be so much more flavorful and fresh. I love love love soda! I joke soda is my version of a fine wine. No matter what I am eating pizza to a fancy steak I always want a cola. So making my own soda so it is healthier is so important to me!
There are allot of studies on why making your own soda is better for you then buying the store bought. Here is some of the most important reasons:
- The Calories: First of all, Men’s Health reports that there is 30 calories in Soda Stream verse Coke.
- The Sugar: Also, there is only 8 grams of sugar verses 27 grams in Coke (information from Men’s Health).
- Chemicals: “Fructose does not lower the hunger hormone ghrelin or stimulate fullness in the same way as glucose, the sugar that forms when you digest starchy foods.” Healthline
- The Fat: According to Medical News Today: “Blood sugar levels increase dramatically within 20 minutes of drinking the cola, explains Naik, causing a burst of insulin. The liver then turns the high amounts of sugar into fat.
Finally, think of all the money you will save not buying store bought soda. That money could go to savings, a nice dinner, or a treat yourself moment. Most importantly this is so good for the environment. Less plastic waste and soda bottles to toss. So buy this machine save money, save environment, and be healthy!
Products you can buy to make your own soda:
1. Soda Stream (approximately 345 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. Drink Mate (approximately 148 41/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Kitchen Aide Soda Maker (approximately 19 41/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
My Top 3 Tips To Eat Healthy:
- Make Coffee at Home: Brewing your coffee at home can save you $100 dollars a month and 1,200 a year (according to Business Insider). Also, its good for the environment because you use a reusable coffee mug instead of throwing out paper coffee cups.
- Yesterdays Dinner is Today’s Lunch: Even something simple like bbq sauce from last night can be today’s bbq chicken wrap. Tzatziki sauce is today’s spread on your bread for a sandwich. Be creative and don’t waste awesome food!
- Grow Your Own Herbs: When I look in my fridge there is always leftover parsley and basil. This is food and money gone to waste. Grow your own fresh herbs and then its free! Plus you can pull off only what you need. Living in NYC apartment I love the new indoor planters.
Hope This helps you make a few changes needed to make your life healthier
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Totally Recommend This Food Processor:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay