I love inventing new cheese gooey grilled cheese recipes (it brings a huge smile to my Chop Happy kitchen). Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese is extra creamy thanks to my french friend Brie cheese. The Brie melts so creamy and is perfect for this recipe! If you haven’t had Brie – it is a softer lighter cheese with a milder bite. It’s Cheddar or Gruyère’s quieter, but super nice cousin. 🙂
One of the reasons I love grilled cheese is because it takes 5 minutes to make. Also, it always makes me feel like a five star chef, because it’s fool proof … and the sky’s the limit on endless things that you can stuff between two pieces of bread. I so can’t wait for you to try this recipe! It will be a cool new way to make your family and friends smile without them even knowing how (not) hard you worked. It will be our secret.
Here in NYC, there are lots of grilled cheese food trucks. On almost every corner I can get my cheesy fix, but nothing beats making it at home!
Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 4 tsp butter
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 handful sage roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb Brie cheese (cut 1 inch slices enough to cover the bread)
- 4 leaves sage left whole
- First, heat pan over medium heat. (don't forget to preheat the pan a minute or so the is bread nice and toasty)
- Now, butter one side of each slice of bread and place butter-side down on cutting board.
- Next, please spread cranberry on all 4 slices of bread, then top with walnuts and sage. On two of the pieces of bread add the brie on-top enough to cover the bread. Now take the two piece of bread with out cheese and place it on-top (the cranberry side down and butter side up) to form a sandwich.
- Finally, add the whole sage leaf the bread pressing them onto the buttered bread to stick.
- Place sandwiches on the hot pan until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes each side. Peak to make sure to check to make sure bread does not burn.
Comment below with any questions about this recipe or cooking tip!
With a grateful cranberry heart and an amazing cheesy tummy – Jay