What is more classic than the romantic pair of champagne and strawberries? This drink is as easy as smash the strawberries and dump them into the champagne with a few extra friends. This cocktail is perfect for those of you who don’t make mixed drinks on your own. It can be your go-to drink when people come over. With just a few ingredients people will be very impressed.
This cocktail is for when it’s time to celebrate you! … or you have a special date … or even Valentine’s Day. Any time really when you want to get to drinking quickly so you can stare into each other’s eyes.
Date Night Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 10 to 12 fresh strawberries with their tops cut off. Then cut in half and half again to create small wedges.
- 2 tablespoons of super fine sugar
- 2 tablespoons of orange liquor – so citrusy sweet ummm
- 1 bottle of your favorite bubbly champagne
- Put strawberries, sugar and orange liquor into a bowl and mash them together to release the rich ruby red juices (this can even be done the day before!)
- Spoon in half of the mashed strawberries into each champagne glass (or you can go crazy with any glass you like) 🙂
- Now slowly pour in the bubbly champagne – it’ll take a couple times because of the bubbles, so be prepared to slurp if it overflows 🙂
- Garnish the side of the glass with a whole strawberry split in the middle
Mash Tip! I like to use a potato masher or the back of a spoon. You can also use a food processor if that’s more your thing.
Celebrate You! Happy Valentine’s Day! Happy Mother’s Day! Happy Day! Happy Date!
This is a winner – surprise someone you love with this love-infused bubbly cocktail.
With a loving heart and a strawberry yummy tummy – Jay