The winner of the Crazy Makeover Contest is …. Rice!!!! We all love rice and it is a great side to our fun family meals. Sometimes it does not get to have as much fun or flavor as its other friends on the plate. Today we are going to make rice win the co-star award for crazy flavor. You will look like an imagination chef super star and if your family says you can’t cook – this will prove them wrong. The first secret is that we add some garlic and red pepper flakes at the start to soak and flavor the oil. Second secret is usining chicken stock (vegetable stock for vegetarian meal) to soak in lots of flavor in the rice. The final secret is fun flavorful herbs to pow some yummy freshness at the end. This is so exciting to share for my non-cooks or cook wannabes. Don’t forget to smile relax and add that dash of gratitude as you will love this simple creation.
I was not always a rice fan until I met Tom and he would request rice with every meal. I grew to love it and now crave it. He actually had to teach me how to make it the first time. We used to have a fancy rice maker in our apartment (that made amazing rice) but if you live in NYC you know space is precious and boy did it take up space. I had to find ways to live up to the perfect rice cooking rice in a pot. So first thing I did was subtract 1/4 cup less stock from the package ingredients so it was more hearty. Second lots of added flavor through herbs at the end. As the french say “Walla” I had achieved rice masterpiece! Let me know what you add to rice to make your family smile below :-)!
Make This Meal & You will Be A Rice Chef Superstar:-)
Crazy Herby Pea and Pistachio Rice 🙂
- 1 cup of brown rice (not cooked)
- 1 lime juice and its zest
- 4 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup peas
- 1 handful pistachios
- 1 handful mint chopped
- 1 handful of parsley chopped
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- Chicken stock 2 cups (in place of water)
- BFF’s big pinches of Salt and pepper
- Amaze Tip: Chop up all ingredients first before start to have happy success.
- In a pot on low heat add garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil and small spicy pinch of red pepper flakes for few min on low heat so does not burn
- Add 1 cup of rice to toast for a minute mixing in the wonderful garlicky oil.
- Pour in your secret flavor swap, chicken stock, and bring to boil then cover and reduce to simmer. Cook for 45 minutes. (Time only for brown rice)
- When the rice is done soaking up flavor take the lid off and throw in the herbs, peas, lime zest, lime juice pinch salt and pepper and fluffy rice.
- Now mix into the “Crazy Rice Party” the crunchy extra fun pistachio nuts.
Life can be fun and crazy and now your rice can be too! Give it a try and share pictures of your tasty creation 🙂
I would be Super Grateful for you to Subscribe to my Blog!
With A Grateful Heart and a Crazy Rice Amazing Tummy – Jay