This easy drop and cook roasted tomatoes of produces super sweet and beautiful red flavor flavor bombs. These tomatoes burst with a rush of salted roasted gooeyness. When you serve this your guests will surely smile and say wow you are an amazing cook.
Roasted Tomatoes and Basil Recipe
(Serves 4 – double or triple recipe if needed for Thanksgiving)
- 2 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper (BFF’s)
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 5 to 10 fresh basil leaves
- Pre-heat over at 425 degrees
- Spread tomatoes on baking sheet
- Drizzle 3 Tablespoons of olive oil over the tomatoes
- Add a pinch of salt and pinch of pepper
- Add 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano – rub in your fingers to release aroma and sprinkle on the tomatoes
- Slice 2 cloves of garlic and add to tomatoes
- Mix ingredients in the pan in order to coat with olive oil
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Finish with chopped leaves of basil
- Mix with wooden spoon
- Plate and enjoy! – the smell is so yummy, your guests will love this!
Note: Add splash of balsamic or white wine vinegar to Umami this before you serve.
LEFTOVER REMAKE TIP – Take a potato masher and mash up the tomatoes. Mix them with leftover pasta and some chicken and you have a great tasting dinner to enjoy.
It will be our secret how unbelievably fool proof this is! Give it a try and share pictures of your tasty creation 🙂
With a grateful heart and a yummy tummy – Jay