Move Over Hot Dogs!!! The grill is being taken over by chorizo madness. This spicy paprika flavored chorizo dog combined with the sharp cooling blue cheese makes your taste buds smile. The grand finale of this is the crunchy fried onions on top that is the cherry on top of this grilling party food. Check out this video and you won’t believe something so amazing takes so little time!
What things do you grill other then hot dogs? Let me know in the comments section and we can #inspired together :-)!
I love love love this recipe because it goes along with my style of cooking perfectly! Its super easy, big flavor, and when you crunch down on the spicy, smooth, and tangy chorizo dog you smile from ear to ear. Chorizo is one of my fave things to work with as adding it to any recipe is an instant seasoning because of its big bold paprika and other awesome spices. I have another awesome chorizo recipe that is “Chorizo and Kale Quesadillas“ Come with me on this new grilling journey and watch the grill and your family smile :-)! Make sure to give us shout out in the comments section on what you think of the recipe and what you might grill out of the box :-)! Happy Grilling!
Crunchy Blue Cheese Chorizo Dogs Recipe
- 4 Mexican chorizo sausage dogs (raw, smoked or cooked)
- 1 medium sized cucumber sliced in half lengthwise and then cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 hot dog buns (toasted or non-toasted)
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons of my “Crazy Lick Your Spoon” Blue Cheese Dip per dog (or use your favorite blue cheese dressing)
- 1/8 cup of French’s French Fried Onions per chorizo dog
I recommend using Mexican chorizo because it is softer and has a paprika spicy flavor. The Spanish chorizo is a harder more cured chorizo – similar to hard salami – and wouldn’t work as well.
- Grill the Mexican chorizo dogs
- For raw chorizo – grill on low with the lid closed for 7 to 8 minutes per side. Then turn your grill up to high – and with the lid open grill for an additional 1 to 2 minutes per side to get those beautiful grill marks
- For smoked or cooked chorizo – grill on high with the lid open for 1 to 2 minutes per side to warm the dogs and to get those beautiful grill marks
- Place a few slices of the crisp and watery cucumbers into each of the buns
- Add a spicy chorizo dog to each bun
- Dollop a couple spoonfuls of my “Crazy Lick Your Spoon” Blue Cheese Dip – and spread it all over the chorizo dog. The rich blue cheese dip cools down the spicy-ness of the dog and balances well with their smokiness.
- Sprinkle french fried onions on top for some crunch and oniony flavor
TIP – for extra “OMG it’s so good!” use my “Crazy Lick Your Spoon” Blue Cheese Dip.
Enjoy – and Smile On Chop Happy’tonians!
Give it a try and share pictures of your tasty creation 🙂
With a grateful heart and a spicy chorizo blue cheezy tummy – Jay