I absolutely love to make this recipe for me and Tom. It is light, refreshing, and filled with sweet lobster and lemony yumminess.
The couscous takes only takes 5 minutes to cook and is also a great money saver because it is very versatile. You can make it with meat or seafood, or you can serve it vegetarian.
I like to make this when I hang out with my friends in the Hamptons, which is known for lobster rolls. It adds that fancy element without the cost of a lobster roll. Even Tom likes this dish, and he doesn’t like lobster!
Tips for Perfect Couscous:
- Replace water with chicken or vegetable stock. This guarantees more flavor added to those tiny couscous grains.
- I chop up garlic and put it in the pot while the couscous boils. Because the couscous is so small, it really absorbs the flavor.
- I add a small pinch, about 1/8 tsp, of red pepper flakes to the couscous to add slight heat that gives the couscous a little more depth.Try these tips and let me know what you think!
Lobster Couscous (10 minute meal)
- 1 package couscous
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic (cut into slivers)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup lobster (chopped)
- 1/4 cup feta (cut in chunks)
- 4 tbs olive oil (divided)
- 1 pinch salt/pepper
- 1 handful mint (roughly chopped)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- First, turn the heat to low and place 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red pepper flakes, and the garlic in the pot. Cook 40 seconds.
- Next, add the couscous and stir to combine with garlic and oil.
- Now pour the chicken stock in the pot and turn to high. When you see a boil, cover the pot and shut off the heat. Keep pot covered for 5 minutes.
- Now open the pot and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Add to the couscous the lemon (juice/zest), olives, scallions, pistachios, lobster, feta, mint, and salt and pepper.
- Mix until combined and enjoy.
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay