Fabulous dips and dressings all over the land, move over, there is a new queen in town. This blue cheese dip/dressing will rock your world. Its garlicky, silky, tangy greek yogurt, and sharp blue cheese makes your tatse-buds crave more. I put this masterpiece on a salads, as a dip with veggies (ok who am I kidding potato chips lol), on a hotdog, and anything you can smear on lol. Warning: You might eat it all before it gets to the plate.
This dip was born by accident. We had a bunch of friends over in the Hampton’s and I was all ready to grill (I was testing grilled veggie salad) and the gill party stopped because we ran out of propane. To save fun pool time, we ordered takeout from the local farm stand. The yummy veggies and the blue cheese kept calling my name to eat it lol. So on the fly, I decided to make a blue cheese dressing with what I had. Everyone said it was the bomb and forgot their beach body diet and scarfed it down. It was so good we licked our spoons and a new Chop Happy love was born.
This dressing will sure make an guest staring role on many recipes to come but first here is its premier to the culinary world! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments section how much you loved this dressing.
“Crazy Lick Your Spoon” Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Ingredients (prepare ahead of time)
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese
- 1 large garlic clove or 2 small cloves (we will grate the garlic into the mixture)
- 1 handful of fresh parsley chopped
- 1 small handful fresh dill chopped
- 1 lemon (we will use the zest of the whole lemon and 1/2 of the juice)
- 3 scallions or green onions chopped
- 1 cup of whole-fat Greek yogurt
- Big pinch of salt and pepper
- Add a couple dashes of white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar to the dressing for just a bit more tanginess.
- If you’d like to make this dip into a thinner dressing – just add a bit of buttermilk.
BLUE CHEESE TIP – I used a smoked blue cheese in the video. If you only have regular blue cheese – that’s ok too. If you want a little smokiness just add in a bit of Spanish Paprika.
- Scoop the silky Greek yogurt into a medium size bowl – the tangy taste of the yogurt replaces sour cream and it’s a tiny bit healthier
- Add big pinch of salt and pepper – BFFs!
- Grate garlic into the yogurt – this will make a paste of heavenly garlic vs. having chunks of raw garlic
- Add lemon zest from a whole lemon to brighten it up the flavor
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon into mixture – be sure to use your hand to catch all the seeds as you squeeze
- Slowly mix ingredients as you add in the dill and parsley
- Add the scallions into the chunky mixture and mix it all up . . . we’re saving the blue cheese for last
- Spoon in the rich “melt-in-your mouth” chunky blue cheese and mix it all together
- Set the dressing aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to let the flavors mingle -OR- eat it right away lol!
SERVING TIP – you can use this chunky dressing as a dip for your fresh vegetables, BBQ Wings or even chips. If you’d like to use it as a thinner dressing just add a little bit of buttermilk until you get the consistency you want. For me I just use the chunky dressing as-is on my salads -yum!
Give it a try and share pictures of your tasty creation 🙂
With a grateful – blue cheese crazy dip heart – and a yummy tummy – Jay