As if whipped cream could not be amazing just as it is! During Christmas it gets even more sparkly with a minty pizzazz. I love peppermint everything. It warms my heart and makes me feel like a kid again with all the warm loving memories of the holidays. Why this is so fun to make is it can go on anything from pound cake, strawberries, cupcakes, or just scoop and eat from a spoon. I like easy desserts that don’t involve too much measuring and sifting. I am so not a baker so anytime I create a recipe that is easy and anyone can do it – I get really excited!
Happy whipping 🙂
Candy Cane Whipped Cream Recipe
- 2 cups of cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of superfine sugar or powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 candy canes crushed
- Time to whisk up the dreamy whipped cream! There are two ways to do this. (1) This is the stress reliever way: in a metal mixing bowl pour the COLD CHILLY heavy cream and sugar and using your metal whisk – whisk away until the cream makes soft peaks (2) This is the quick and fun way – use the KitchenAid mixer and mix until cloud like.
- Pour in the crushed candy canes and gently fold them in. You can use this beautiful candy cane whipped cream on pound cake, or fruit – or – any fave holiday dessert!
What’s your fave dessert that would go great with this pepperminty treat? 🙂
With a peppermint heart and an amazing “I love the holidays!” tummy – Jay