Want a “ready set done” fast dessert without having to work too hard? I love tasty recipes like this that are no work. No turning on the stove, just smash and stir and you have a fresh fruity topping. This sauce is super talented because you can to put it on ice cream, pound cake or eat it by itself.
I love watching cooking shows where they show you how to reduce the strawberries – boil and let it rest. I am too impatient to wait for all of that! so here is my fast version.
No Cook Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pint strawberries, remove leaves and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons orange liquor (or balsalmic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- For garnish, fresh mint chopped, sliced almonds or whipped cream (optional)
- Smash strawberries in bowl for less than a minute. Mix in orange liquor and sugar. That’s it!
- Plate and garnish
Serving Tip: You can use this as an ice cream topping, add some whipped cream, put it on pound cake or eat it by itself.
For another fun version of this treat – check out my Spiked Raspberries and Whipped Cream (Raspberry Fool) recipe.
Happy dessert eating! Give it a try – what’s your favorite way to this sauce? 🙂
With a grateful strawberry heart and an amazing tummy – Jay