OMG :-), comfort and easy clean up in one sheet pan! This is sure to make both the dishwasher and cook in your family happy. Imagine caramelized grape flavor, woodsy fragrant rosemary, buttery potatoes and fennel flavored sausage all in your mouth. This is so comforting on a cold day that it almost feels like your tastebuds are giving you a hug!
I make this all the time for my family because it is as easy as placing the ingredients on a sheet pan and putting it in the oven. I use Yukon gold potatoes here because I love the buttery creamy texture, but any potato is great. Just cut into small chunks so it gets a nice golden brown outside and a creamy smooth interior.
The smell of the rosemary and garlic permeates through out the kitchen like a food candle – I love it! Happy Chopping and I’m super grateful for you.
Roasted Sausage, Potatoes and Grapes Recipe
- 3 lbs of small Yukon gold potatoes cleaned and chopped into quarters (I recommend using buttery Yukon gold potatoes but any potato if cut small)
- Large handful (1 cup) of fresh seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced into nickel sized slices
- 2 tablespoons of salt and pepper (best friends forever!)
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 links of your favorite uncooked sausage (my family’s favorite is Fennel Sausage)
- 3 – 5 large pinches of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Cooking tip: for fresh rosemary – pinch the stem near the top with your fingers, then swipe down the length of the stem with the fingers of your other hand. The leaves should break off where they meet the stem. Here’s a great post for preparing herbs from The Kitchn.
- Preheat oven to 475
- Put the potatoes, grapes, rosemary and chopped garlic onto a baking sheet (covered the baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up)
- Sprinkle lots of salt and pepper over the top of the potatoes – the potatoes will soak up these wonderful BFF! flavors
- Drizzle the olive oil – 3 to 5 swirls soaking in the oily fruity flavor
- With your hands – massage and rub all the ingredients together making sure all the potatoes and grapes are covered with the flavors of the oil, rosemary, garlic and BFFs!
- Place the sausage links on top of the mixture – roll them around a little to coat them with the oil and flavors
- Bake on the middle-rack of your oven for 10 minutes – then flip the sausages over – and bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle on the cheesy nutty flavored parmesan. You want this to be cheesy, so sprinkle on Chop Happy-tonians!
- Add the beautiful grassy green colorful parsley on top and you’re done!
Give it a try and share pictures of your tasty creation 🙂
With a grateful heart and a woodsey flavored potato and sausage tummy – Jay