What is better than a no bake, smash and stir dessert that tastes like Christmas time in Paris? This raspberry fool is one you just have to try! I am super dessert/baking challenged and if you are too – this dessert will be your new go to. If you watch the video you will see how this awesome treat can be used for so many different combinations (by just using the same technique). You can use strawberries or blueberries as the fruit and hazelnut liquor. The skies the limit! – just get a fork, some alcohol and press play on the video and it will make a dessert challenged home cook become a fabulous chef!
Spiked Raspberries and Whipped Cream Recipe
- 2 pints of fresh raspberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of orange liqueur (hazelnut liqueur works too!)
- 2 cups of cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of superfine sugar or powdered sugar
To garnish and crunchify this tasty treat you can use sliced almonds or even crumbled up ginger bread cookies or chocolate chip cookies.
- Time to whip whip whip the cream! There are two ways to do this. (1) This is the stress reliever way: in a metal mixing bowl pour the COLD CHILLY heavy cream and sugar and using your metal whisk – whisk away until the cream makes soft peaks (2) This is the quick and fun way – use the KitchenAid mixer and mix until cloud like.
- With the raspberries in another bowl – pour in the orange liqueur (UMMM that smells so good) – and smash it all up with your spoon.
- Now drop the drunken raspberries into the cream whipped cream and gently fold them in
- To garnish I love using almonds for a bit of a crunch and a few of the juicy fresh raspberries – but go on with your bad self and garnish away with what you love!
You’re going to love this! What is your favorite no bake dessert 🙂
With a grateful raspberry heart and an whipped cream tummy – Jay