This sweet and savory appetizer of creamy sweet and salty tomato basil cheesecake dip. I used the famous mini cheesecakes from Carnegie Deli (use code CHOP10 for 10% off and Free shipping).
This sweet creamy cheesecake dreamed big and became a scrumptious cheeseboard starter! This could not be more easy to make. You sauté shallots, garlic, tomato, and balsamic vinegar. Then just pour onto of the iconic cheesecake. This is a symphony of yum and a great conversation piece of fun appetizers.
I was so excited when they asked me to be a brand ambassador. I truly love all their food. The knishes are butter mashed potato love, the cookies are amazing, and the cheesecake is true NYC authentic. Here is my favorite sandwich I ordered at the deli: a Pastrami on Rye with Russian dressing. Hope this brings back awesome NYC foodie memories too! Happy Cooking and hope you love the Jewish grilled cheese recipe as much as I did.
For The Amazing Jewish Comfort Food From Carnegie Deli:
Tomato Basil Cheesecake Dip Recipe
- 1 cheesecake (click above for Carneige deli mini cheesecakes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot (chopped) can sub with 1/4 onion
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 basil leaves (hand torn)
- First, place olive oil, shallots, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a pan on medium heat. Cook for 1 minute then add garlic.
- Next, add the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, the red pepper flakes, and oregano. Cook for 3 minutes until tomatoes soften and then smash the tomatoes with potato masher or back of a spoon.
- Now, shut off the heat and add the balsamic vinegar and basil. Mix to combine.
- Finally, top on a cheesecake surrounded with crackers and enjoy!
Other Easy Recipes and Tips:
- Top 3 Best Desserts to order online: Click Here
- S’Mores Cheesecake Recipe: Click Here
With a grateful heart and an amazing carbonara tummy – Jay