All day at work I crave cheesy baked eggplant Parmesan dish to hug me and tell me great job when I come home! Usually eggplant Parmesan has way to many steps. I definitely am not flouring, egg washing, breading, and frying at 7:00-8:00 at night. I found a short cut to make eggplant Parmesan possible no matter how busy I am. Anything is possible no matter how busy you are and you deserve a happy meal to celebrate you!!
Cooking Hack That Makes This Recipe Weeknight Worthy:
- Bake the eggplant on wire rack covered baking sheets for 10 minutes. This is a fast way to avoid 30-45 minutes of breading and frying. Also you have a cleaner kitchen. The wire rack also saves time because then no need to flip because cooks top and bottom of eggplant at the same time (Here is a great wire rack combo).
- Use store bought sauce. There is nothing wrong with opening a jar of your favorite marinara (my fave is Rao’s). Any were someone else can help that is great for you!
Watch how to make this Weeknight Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna:
Easiest Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 large eggplant (cut into 1/2 inch circular shapes)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar favorite marinara sauce
- 1 8 ounce ricotta
- 1 handful parsley (chopped)
- 10 leaves basil (chopped)
- 2 cups shredded mozzerella
- 1 cup Parmesan (grated)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- First, place eggplant slices on a (wire rack topped) sheet tray. Salt both sides of the eggplant and let them rest 15 minutes. Then pat the eggplant down with a paper towel (see video above).
- Next, in a bowl mix olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt/pepper. Then brush both sides of eggplant with oil mixture and place back on (wire wrack topped) sheet pan (you may need two sheet pans).
- Bake the eggplant in oven for 15 minutes.
- Next add enough marinara to bottom of a casserole dish. Then spread out 1/2 the eggplant over Mariana.
- Now mix ricotta, parsley, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper together and add on top of the eggplant. Lightly smear the ricotta to cover eggplant.
- Now add 1/2 the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 the mozzarella.
- Next add 1/2 of the remaining marinara sauce.
- Next, add the remaining eggplant then the rest of the sauce on top eggplant.
- Top with the rest of the Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Finally, cover baking dish with tin foil and add to the oven for 20 minutes. Then turn heat to 450 for 2 minutes or until the cheese browns slightly.
Check Out This book! It changed my life and it is how I elevated my home cooking:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay