Carrot fries are not only heathy, their crispy salty sweetness makes for a perfect holiday side dish. Your friends and family are going love these fries.
I am going to make a bold statement here … carrots are the best most simple fries to make at home! I am feeling ok lol! There is something about the sugar-to-water content ratio that makes them crisp up on the outside, and they don’t get soggy in the middle. Also, you don’t need to mix the fries half way, because they cook evenly on their own. So in other words, easy cooking with a yummy reward.
Also, this recipe is a money savor! It only takes 4 carrots make a lot of fries. Now I know I love potatoes fried, covered in cheese, topped with bacon and then put on a pizza, but trust me these are really really good.
Happy fries eating! Remember a dash of gratitude in your heart makes cooking fun and life happier.
Crispy Garlic Carrot Fries
- 4 carrots (remove the ends, cut length-wise in half and then again into quarters)
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp salt (big pinch)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or your favorite seasonings)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place carrots on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and garlic powder and mix.
- Spread carrots apart so they are not touching each other to insure they crisp up well (crowding vegetables when roasting causes them to steam not crisp).
- Bake for 20 minutes (no need to stir mid-bake)
- Enjoy these crispy delights!
Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions or need cooking ideas for your next gathering.
With a grateful holiday heart and an amazing carrot tummy – Jay