Growing Fresh Herbs Inspires Healthy Cooking
When you have fresh herbs at home it makes you inspired to cook! Cooking at home ensures you know what levels of salt and fat will go into your meals. This will make your diet so much healthier. I love just picking herbs and making my dish! This is a big money saver and you will eat healthier.
Health Benefits of Growing Fresh Herbs:
- According to NBC news: there are allot of hidden health befits to using fresh herbs in cooking.
- They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
- There are allot of vitamins and holistic benefits to eating fresh herbs. (Healthline)
- “Herbs are rich in antioxidants, especially cloves, cinnamon, sage, oregano and thyme, by helping to reduce low-density lipoproteins (‘bad’ cholesterol).” (Better Health Channel)
- Sage can improve memory. (Healthline)
- “The active ingredient in rosemary is called rosmarinic acid. This substance has been shown to suppress allergic responses and nasal congestion.” (Healthline)
Tip: Save the steams to the herbs and put in freezer bag in freezer. When bag is full put in slow cooker (low 10 hours) with salt, pepper, water, garlic, and ginger and you can make homemade veggie broth.
Saves You Money Growing Fresh Herbs:
- The herbs last longer. Once they are picked and put on a grocery shelf that limits how long they stay fresh. So there tends to be lots of money waste.
- When you grow your own herbs you have more to use in recipes and last as long as it takes you to pick them.
- The stems can become seasoning for veggie broth.
- The extra herbs can be made into pesto and frozen for later dinner.
- Buy less at super market!
Here are some herbaceous recipes to inspire you:
Products you can buy to grow your own herbs indoors:
1. LED/Hydroponic/Self Watering Indoor Herb Garden (approximately 68 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. LED/Comes with Herbs Pods/Tells You When Needs Water (approximately 1,246 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Put on Window and Grow 9 Herbs For Awesome Cooking (approximately 117 4 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
My Top 3 Tips To Eat Healthy:
- Make Coffee at Home: Brewing your coffee at home can save you $100 dollars a month and 1,200 a year (according to Business Insider). Also, its good for the environment because you use a reusable coffee mug instead of throwing out paper coffee cups.
- Yesterdays Dinner is Today’s Lunch: Even something simple like bbq sauce from last night can be today’s bbq chicken wrap. Tzatziki sauce is today’s spread on your bread for a sandwich. Be creative and don’t waste awesome food!
- Grow Your Own Herbs: When I look in my fridge there is always leftover parsley and basil. This is food and money gone to waste. Grow your own fresh herbs and then its free! Plus you can pull off only what you need. Living in NYC apartment I love the new indoor planters.
Hope This helps you make a few changes needed to make your life healthier
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay