This Bagel Burrito (breakfast burrito) its the perfect breakfast sandwich and meal-prep for a busy week.
Everyone loves a egg and cheese on a bagel. During college I would get one from D&D (Dunkin Doughnuts) all the time. This is an everything bagel outside and egg, sausage, and cheese inside. If you are craving a breakfast burrito this is for you. I love to make double the recipe so that I can freeze some for a busy week. If you do not have all the ingredients but have others I your fridge this is a great leftover meal too! As you chop listen to the chopping sound, as you stir say what you are grateful for, and as you let the food cook read a gratitude book for self care.
Budget Saving Cooking Tips For This Recipe:
- If you do not have salsa or cheddar substitute for what you have in the fridge to save money on dinner. I have used leftover chicken, tofu eggs when ran out eggs, or any leftovers.
- Buy frozen pizza dough it is usually cheaper and you can divide it in 2 for double the recipe.
- Mix in sriracha to add bold flavor instead 0f buying jalapeños!
Bagel Burrito Breakfast Sandwich
- 1/2 pizza dough
- 5 eggs (scrambled)
- 5 links or patties breakfast sausage
- 5 hashbrowns
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons evrything seasoning
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- First, roll out the pizza dough into a long rectangel. The longer it is rolled out the more burritos.
- Next, starting from one end layer 1/4th the sausage, egg, hasbrowns, salsa, and cheese. Roll until the 2 ends touch, cut to seperate, pinch to seal. Now using the new end of pizza dough continue the above process to make 4 burittos.
- Now, put the burritos seam side down on a sheet pan and smear and egg wash (if you do not have an egg wash water or milk will do). Sprinkle lots of everything sesaoning on the burittos.
- Finally, bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes on the middle rack and enjoy!
Easy Dinner Recipes For a Busy Day:
- Top 10 Best Beef Recipes For an Easy Dinner
- 4 Easy Dinner with Leftovers
- 4 Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinners
With a grateful heart and an amazing carbonara tummy – Jay
This book changed my life and it is how I elevated my home cooking:
Happy carrot soup cooking and I am always grateful to cook with you! If you have any recipes you would love to see on Chop Happy please comment below and I will try to make it just for you! Also I do private Zoom Cooking Classes! Just email me at ChopHappy.email@example.com to set up a class.
Any questions feel free to comment or check me out on Instagram and Tiktok: @chophappy!