This is the cutest easiest appetizer of potato knish lox bites! Thank you Carnegie Deli (Use Code Chop10 for 10% off) for the awesome mini kinishes!
Growing up it would always be a great day when we got a buttery flaky potato knish, huge pastrami on rye, and a Dr. Brown soda at Carnegie deli in NYC. This is pure jewish comfort food. I cannot remember a month growing up when we did not eat these fabulous eats. So when its a holiday or an event I want to feed my family with my culinary heart. So I took my love of lox and knishes and made it a fun quick appetizer hug. Potato knishes have always been one of my favorite bites. Its flaky pastry that crumbles and melts like butter in your mouth. Fluffy, oniony, and creamy mashed potato in the center. Finally, just pure bliss every bite. I hope you love this recipe and as you eat it dream big and always take time to celebrate you!
Gratitude Tip While You Cook:
My mission with Chop Happy is to create easy recipe for busy people with a dash of gratitude! Since we all have to be in the kitchen at some point in our day lets use that time to zen out and gain more gratitude.
For the time the turkey cooks visualize your dreams as if it is already here. Working on you does not have to be a long drawn out process. It can be as simple as a couple of pages of a motivational book. The perfect book to read to learn more about finding calmness, your dreams and making your wishes a reality is The Secret!
Click Here (USE the Code: Chop10 for 10% off the knishes)
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Buy Frozen Mini Knishes: When celebrating no need to tire yourself out cooking everything! Buy really god knishes like the ones in this link: click here.
- Gratitude While Stirring: Use the kitchen as a place for self care. As you stir or chop say what you are grateful for. I do this all the time so that cooking can be a time to recharge.
Watch How To Make This Potato Lox Appetizer Recipe:
For A Taste of NYC Jewish Comfort Food Mini Potato Knish: Click Here
Potato Knish Lox Bites (easiest appetizer with Carnegie Deli Knishes)
- 15 mini kinshes (I used Carnegie Deli Knishes)
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon or lox (chopped in 1 inch strips)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch chives (chopped in 1 inch slices)
- First, cook the kinshes to package instructions.
- Next, place the knishes on a platter.
- Now, add a dollop (approx 1 teaspoon) of sour cream to the center of each kinsh.
- Next, top each dollop of sour cream with lox and then 1 chive strip on top (see video above).
- Finally, cheers to recipes that celebrate you! If you like this recipe would be grateful if you subscribe to Chop Happy!
Other Easy Recipes:
- How To Make a Flourless Chocolate Tart
- How To Make Mashed Potatoes
- Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
(Visited 612 times, 1 visits today)Subscribe for tasty, free recipes!