Juicy garlicky scallops dancing with crunchy green broccoli brings stir fry happiness. In 15 minutes and one pot to dinner time!
First of all, this is a true Goldstein Sunday night dinner I eat growing up. Every Sunday me and my dad would go get take out Chinese food. Then the whole family watched 60 minutes as we eat yummy food. Some families ate big Sunday meals but we can happy cartons of stir fry and egg rolls on the table. I looked forward to this all week. Both my parents worked, my sister and I had school, but Sunday nights we all eat dinner happily together! This is when we discussed our hopes for the week. Also, discussed the world, funny jokes, and laughed. Anytime me and Tom have Chinese food at home I immediate get transported to that time and remember how important family time is. My phone goes away, me and Tom joke and discuss life, and we just chill and eat slowly enjoying dinner together. You cant discount the power of food to bring us together and remember happy times. Food is away to relive your history and who you are! It also for me reminds me everything will be ok! If a food has a memory then I always think how far I have come and how much I have already survived. Memories are great ways to remind yourself you got this! What food brings you happy memories and why? Comment below and lets all be inspired!
Finally, recipe is a combo fast and hearty one pot fun. It is done in 15 minutes or less and there are some fun tricks to add lots of flavor! Check out the video for fun cooking tips and hacks. Cheers to recipes that celebrate you!
Hope you love this recipe as much as me and Tom do! Happy cooking!
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Slice garlic instead of chopping: Garlic burns in 30 seconds and changes the flavor of your dishes. If you slice garlic in thin discs (see video) it will take longer to burn and you will have recipe success.
- Make stir fry sauce simple: Two turns around pan of soy sauce and sriracha make everything spicy and salty fabulous. Just like life simplicity is best. Dont over complicate stir fry sauce or life!
- Freeze your ginger: As soon as you get home put in the freezer. There are 2 reasons why. One you can use it over and over again in many recipes with no ginger waste. Also, the number 2 reason is its so much easier to grate. It grates like ginger snow. I actually dont even peel off the skin. Simplicity in the kitchen and life!
- There are 2 types of scallops: There wet and dry scallops. The wet scallops are treated with chemicals so they last longer. They are less fresh but also do not sear very well. Dry scallops are from fisherman to you! They are fresher and not treated with anything. Even though they are called dry scallops you still need to pat them dry to sear. These are the ones I would ask for at the market. Also, as you sear scallops do not touch and you will get a great sear.
Things you will need:
- The Perfect Wide Pan : Click here: for an awesome recommendation!
- Micro Plane (to make garlic and ginger paste): Click here: for an awesome recommendation!
Watch how to make this easy recipe:
Scallop and Broccoli Stir Fry (15 minute recipe)
- 1 pound scallops (dry scallops)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 10 ounce bags frozen broccoli (defrosted)
- 4 scallions (chopped)
Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (grated)
- First, pat dry the scallops on both side with paper towel.
- Next, salt and pepper both sides of the scallops.
- Now, place scallops on a wide pan with olive oil (on medium high heat). Sear first side 2 minutes then flip and sear second side 2 minutes. Then set aside for later use.
- Note: do not overcrowd scallops or they will steam instead of sear and leave scallops alone until time to flip)
- Next, add broccoli and scallions to the pan with some salt and pepper. Mix for 30 seconds to heat through.
- Now, add 3 turns of the pan of soy sauce and sriracha. Also add garlic and ginger.
- Finally, mix all the ingredients together 30 seconds and enjoy!
Other Easy Dinner Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Totally Recommend This Food Processor:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay
(Visited 5,212 times, 1 visits today)Subscribe for tasty, free recipes!
Thus was absolutely delicious! I made it with rice cauliflower to keep it low carb and it was so satisfying.
why are you not on FB. I love your recipes and you.
Hi! Thank you so much you made my day! I actually do have Facebook! Its ChopHappy as the username! Grateful for you and Happy Cooking!