This Jewish holiday you can make dinner in a slow cooker with juicy pot roast surrounded by sweet tzimmes !
Tips For the Amazing Beef:
- Always season your meat overnight. This was the seasoning will get all the way through and not just at the surface.
- Let the meat rest when it is done. If you cut the beef right out of the oven or slow cooker all the juices will run out. If you let it rest the juices will redistribute in the beef and tasting so much better.
- If using a slow cooker to cook beef less sauce the better. The beef will naturally give off liquid and even if you put almost none it will still add at least half the slow cooker of juice.
- Always pair a crunchy salt potato with the beef! Make a giant sheet pan of latkes in the oven to same time and work: click here for recipe!
Here is a great slow cooker I recommend: Click Here
Gratitude Tip While You Cook:
Tzimmes Beef Pot Roast
Pot Roast Ingredients:
- 1 medium roast (tied to hold shape while cooking)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large carrots (cut in small chunks)
- 3 sweet potatoes (cut in chuncks)
- 1 cup dried prunes
- 1 cup dried appricots
- 1 cup golden rasins
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- First, season all sides of the roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano.
- Next, place onions in the slow cooker and season with pinch salt and pepper.
- Now, add the seasoned roast ontoo of the onions. Fat side up so it bastes the beef.
- Next, mix all the tsimis ingredients and pour on top of the roast. Leave in the fridge overnight so seasonings can go throughout the meat.
- Finally turn the slow cooker on high for 6 hours. Enjoy!
Great Healthy Articles:
- Top 6 Healthy Snacks You Can Buy On Amazon
- 7 Healthy Italian Comfort Food Recipes
- 10 Healthy Comfort Food Dinner Recipes
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!