I love when a salad has crunchy texture and hearty enough to be a meal on its own and I crave this Rainbow Salad because of that. I make it on a Sunday and eat it all week with a great protein.
When a salad looks colorful, has a crunchy texture, and is easy to make it becomes a dinner dream come true on a busy day! I eat this salad alone as a healthy lunch, mixed with tuna, or with a salmon filet. The best part is its easy to make and last all week in your fridge so it gives you more time for you. Just like life we do not need to over complicate dinner. We have allot of things to stress about but cooking dinner should and can be a place to zen out and just be still with yourself. As you chop listen to the chopping sound, as you stir say what you are grateful for, and as you let the food cook read a gratitude book for self care.
The rainbow salad is my way of getting in my veggies without missing something else. I love when team texture of a crunchy carrot or juicy tomato is in every bite. I also love using crunchy veggies because they do not get soggy n the fridge and you can eat it all week. Replace the below ingredients with veggies I have leftover so if there are veggies in your fridge use them.
Happy cooking and I am always grateful to cook with you! Any questions feel free to comment or check me out on Instagram and Tiktok: @chophappy!
Crunchy Rainbow Salad w/ Pesto Dressing
- 1 beef steak tomato (de-seed and chop)
- 1 orange pepper (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 bag frozen corn (defrosted)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 Persian cucumbers or 1 regular cucumber (chopped)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- First, whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Now, add all the chopped veggies in a big bowl add 1 tsp salt and pepper, the dressing, and mix together.
- Finally, enjoy on its own, mixed with tuna, or as a side with chicken!
Easy Dinner Recipes For a Busy Day:
- Top 10 Best Beef Recipes For an Easy Dinner
- 4 Easy Dinner with Leftovers
- 4 Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinners
With a grateful heart and an amazing carbonara tummy – Jay