The easiest Corn Beef and Cabbage St. Patricks Day dinner all done in the slow cooker so less for you to cook.
The slow cooker is your personal chef to make your busy life easier. This corn beef and cabbage recipe is so simple because you drop everything in the crockpot and it cooks itself. Also, if there are leftovers you can make amazing pasta recipes with the corn beef and cabbage. If you want to freeze the leftovers for a busy weeknight dinner, just put in a zip lock bag and they last 6 months in the fridge. You can reheat just by dropping the frozen food with a 1/2 cup of broth in the slow cooker for 3 hours on low and it will reheat itself. As you chop listen to the chopping sound, as you stir say what you are grateful for, and as you let the food cook read a gratitude book for self care.
- Season the meat the night before so the seasonings can go all through the meat and not just the surphace.
- Place the meat fat side up in the slow cooker so the fat bastes the corn beef and makes it taste even better.
- Freeze for a busy week. You can either make double of the cheesy kale mixture and freeze in ziplock or cook extra calzones and freeze the whole meal. You can freeze for 6 months and frost in fridge overnight.
Slow Cooker Corn Beef and Cabbage
- 1 pre-brined corn beef (uncooked)
- 1 cabbaged (chopped)
- 2 pounds small red potatoes (cut in half)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1 handful dill (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- First, add and mix the cabbage, onions, potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill, and red pepper flakes in the slow cooker. Then add the vegtable broth.
- Next, top the veggies with the beef. Add 1 teapsoon salt and pepper to both sides of the beef and place the beef fat side up.
- Now, sprinkle the seasoning packet that came with the beef on top.
- Next, cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Finally, enjoy an easy dinner for the family.
Happy St. Patricks Day and I am always grateful to cook with you! If you have any recipes you would love to see on Chop Happy please comment below and I will try to make it just for you! Also I do private Zoom Cooking Classes! Just email me at ChopHappy.email@example.com to set up a class.
Any questions feel free to comment or check me out on Instagram and Tiktok: @chophappy!
Easy Dinner Recipes For a Busy Day:
- Top 10 Best Beef Recipes For an Easy Dinner
- 4 Easy Dinner with Leftovers
- 4 Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinners
With a grateful heart and an amazing carbonara tummy – Jay
Make Your Mark