This Jewish holiday you can make lake crusted salmon for those who guests who don’t eat brisket!
Tips For the Best Latkes:
- Use russet potatoes because they are heartier and have less water content so crisp up better.
- Grate 1/2 onion into the mix. My mom did this and it literally makes the latkes amazing.
- Squeeze out excess water from potatoes. Less water more crispy the latkes will be.
- I add cheddar cheese to bind the latkes instead of eggs.
- Make a giant sheet pan of latkes in the oven to same time and work: click here for recipe!
Here is a great nonstick pan I recommend: Click Here
Step 1: Mix the Latke Ingredients
Step 2: Season the salmon with salt, pepper, lemon, and smear on Dijon mustard.
Step 3: Add the latke mix and bake 400 degrees 20 minutes and then 5 minutes on top rack.
Gratitude Tip While You Cook:
- No more grating! Use frozen grated potatoes (hash browns). Less stress making these potato latkes.
- Make one giant pancake in sheet pan. One and done so no frying for hours.
- No greasy kitchen! Everything cooks in the oven so no oil splattering!
Latke Crusted Salmon
- 3 russet potatoes (grated) or 1 bag frozen hash browns
- 1/2 onion (grated)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 2 cups white cheddar (grated) or vegan cheddar if kosher
- 4 (6-8 ounce) salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- First, mix all the latke ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Next, place the salmon filets on a parchment lined sheet pan and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Now, smear a teaspoon mustard on top each salmon filet.
- Next, place a handful of latke mixture on top of each filet.
- Now, place the sheet pan on the middle rack for 20 minutes.
- Finally, place on the top rack for 5 minutes and then enjoy!
Great Healthy Articles:
- Top 6 Healthy Snacks You Can Buy On Amazon
- 7 Healthy Italian Comfort Food Recipes
- 10 Healthy Comfort Food Dinner Recipes
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!